👋 Hi There! We’re looking for a Backend Engineer with experience in PHP (particularly in Laravel). We have an office in Mumbai, and we are primarily looking to expand this team with an option to work remotely. If you have at least 7 years of experience in building scalable web applications, then read on…
Who we are looking for:
- You’ve scaled large systems. We primarily work with YouTube data. We have meta data and analytics for over 23 million channels and over 1.5 billion videos. Some of our apps work with just one channel, sometimes it provides insights based on aggregated data. Your solution should keep the scalability of the solution in mind.
- You understand trade-offs. You understand that taking short-cuts comes at a price, and you weigh those tradeoffs against timelines and deliverables. You make pragmatic architecture designs and decisions based on real-world experience and the input of the engineering team, and you help experiment with new technology and patterns in a sustainable way.
- You work well within a distributed team. Our engineering team is based in the U.S. We are a remote-first company, but it still takes a lot of effort for a remote team to be successful. Employees are spread across the U.S., but we are all within one-hour time difference. Adding an engineering teammate in +5.5 GMT means we will have to find a window of time that works for everyone for meetings and rely on asynchronous communication (we rely on asana for project requirements/spec and slack for communication).
What You’ll Do
- Work on some of the apps available on videoamigo.com
- Work in Laravel codebase to build new web apps.
- Be an integral part of the team and bring new ideas to improve systems and processes.
- This is the first engineering hire in our Mumbai office. Set the standard for the next set of hires in the office.
- Help scale a fast growing system.
What You’ll Bring
- B.Tech/BE in Computer Science or Information Technology. Master’s degree in a relevant area is a plus.
- 7+ years of experience in the LAMP stack.
- Framework experience – Laravel, CodeIgniter, Vue.js Laravel certified candidates are preferred.
- Experience in big data is a big plus. (Experience in elastic search or noSQL databases.)
What You’ll Get
- A vibrant learning organization, which serves as a place to thrive and prosper in your career.
- The opportunity to be a contributing member on a team regarded as a leader in video marketing. Senior industry veterans as your partners.
- Competitive salary. We keep up with our industry’s salary guide.
- Time off. We coordinate time off within our team to ensure everyone has generous time-off to recharge.
Who We Are
Touchstorm (www.touchstorm.com) is a tech-enabled services company that builds social media audiences for global brands. Using strategic solutions rooted in data, Touchstorm manages brand social channels (primarily YouTube) for organic growth, creates and executes influencer-marketing campaigns, conducts custom Topic Finder research, produces social videos, and executes Influencer marketing.
Touchstorm, LLC is owned by Diginary Holdings, headquartered in New York and Richmond, serving global clients around the world in thirteen languages. Diginary Holdings is self-funded and women-owned. Touchstorm is certified as a women’s business enterprise by the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC). Company clients include COVERGIRL, JCPenney, Pampers, Gillette, Venus, Enfamil, T-Mobile, Patron, Grey Goose, Toyota, Sony, Kenmore, Swiffer, Schneider Electric and more.